- Class sizes for the next month will be capped at 6 participants per class. This will gradually change as we receive new guidance from the health authorities and are able to reassess the situation.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes. Registration opens 24 hours prior to class start time.
- The cut-off to register for a class is 1 hour before the start time of the class.
- In order to register for a class you must have an active credit card on file. Everyone is required to fill out a new credit card authorization form that allows us to charge for no-shows to a class.
- You must also sign our Covid Code otherwise you will be unable to register for classes. Sign now
- Class cancellations must be made with a minimum of 10 hours prior to class start time in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If you register for a class and do not show up, or cancel within 10 hours before the class, you will be automatically charged $10.
- If a class is full you will automatically be added to a waitlist. If a spot becomes available, a text message and an email will be sent to you advising that you have been registered for the class. You must confirm by replying to the text message if you are going to attend class. You cannot confirm through the email that was sent to you. If you do not show up for the class or do not cancel in the alloted time period (10 hours prior to class start time) then you will be charged $10. If you cannot make the class it is your responsibility to remove yourself from the waitlist a minimum of 10 hours prior to the class start time.
- In order to receive a text message and email for your class reservation you need to add your phone number and email address to your Mindbody profile. It is very important that your information on file is up to date in the system. How to update profile
Class Sign In Procedure
We are no longer utilizing the sign in screen at the front desk. The only way to sign in is through the Mindbody app.
Class Schedule (updated monthly)
We are reviewing our classes on a monthly basis. Please remember to check our latest schedule online.
- Currently we will not be running any 30 minute classes. This will change in the future once it is decided it is safe to do so. If you have paid for a 30 minute monthly unlimited membership you can participate in the online virtual classes for the hour at no extra cost.
- If you have 30 minute sessions on your account and you want to participate in a class (non-virtual) it will require you to use two sessions regardless of whether you stay for 30 minutes or longer.
- If you are unsure about committing to any of the class rate options you can pay a drop-in rate of $20 for each class. This must be paid before attending a class and can be paid online through our store. The 24 hour reservation policy still applies in this situation as does the $10 cancellation charge.
- All classes at this time will be one hour Maki Fits. There will be no Lift, Performance, Kick or Max classes until further notice. 30 minute classes such as the Core, Light and Maki Fit 30 will be added back to the schedule over time.
Updated Class Rates
Please have a look through at the rates as they have been changed.
Class Procedures For Entering And Leaving The Dojo
- Parking for classes is only limited to the back area. The front parking stalls are reserved for PT clients as they will enter through a separate entrance.
- Please do not enter the Dojo early. We ask that you stay in your car or wait outside until 5 minutes before the class starts.
- There will be arrows marking which way you should enter and exit the Dojo. For all classes we ask that you enter through the back door and exit through the back bay doors. If you have parked on Shell Road please also enter through the back door. When you enter the Dojo please place your keys and phone in the cubby holes at the back door.
- Please do your part and maintain physical distancing from fellow MPT members once inside the Dojo.
- Upon entering the Dojo you must wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer at one of the three locations.
- Once this is done please proceed to one of the assigned areas that are marked.
- Once class is finished, please wash your hands again or use the hand sanitizer and wipe down all the equipment you have used with the supplies provided.
- As much as we enjoy people staying behind, at the moment we ask that you leave the Dojo as soon as your class is finished.
- There are three hand sanitizer stations located downstairs. Please use them as much as you need to.
- Downstairs there are three mobile cleaning stations set up that can be moved around for use during classes. Each station will have two spray bottles with a cleaning solution and dry wipes.
- Upstairs we have one cleaning station and hand sanitizer.
- During each class, when it is time to move from one workout station to another, there will be time given to wipe down your equipment before moving to your next station.
- The Dojo will be sanitized frequently. The floor will be mopped in between the morning and afternoon classes and then again before closing.
- Personal training sessions will be held upstairs if there is a class going on at the same time.
- All personal training clients are to park at the front of the Dojo. There is a seperate entrance that will lead them upstairs for their session.
- If there is no class running, personal training sessions may be conducted downstairs.
- We require 48 hour notice in order to cancel, change, or switch your session from in-person to virtual. If 48 hour notice is not given you will be charged for the total amount of the session. With limited space there needs to be time for a coach to fill their spot if a cancellation occurs.
- If in-person training is not an option we still offer online virtual training. The same cancellation policy of 48 hours is required for online sessions.
- There are to be no more than 4 people upstairs for a training session at one time. If a client is immune compromised then only the coach and the client will be upstairs.
- If you are immune compromised we ask that you have a doctor’s note confirming that you have been given the green light to exercise in a group setting or in a one-to-one environment at the gym.
- There will be lines drawn to divide the upstairs space with markers in place to physically distance 2 metres.
- If you wish to wear gloves and a face mask you are welcome to do so. However, I would caution you that a face mask will restrict your oxygen intake, which may increase the chances of dizziness, lightheadedness, shortness of breath and/or fainting.
- We would ask to please come dressed in your workout gear.
- Showers will not be accessible at this time.
- Due to the limit in class sizes and number of classes we are running, I am not accepting any new members at this time. This has also been posted on the front page of the website. I am, however, accepting new members to join our online virtual classes and to sign-up for personal training. View store
- At this time we ask that you refrain from bringing children to the Dojo. It adds to the challenge of trying to maintain a safe physical distance between clients.
- If possible, please make all your payments via our online store. It is located on the front page of our website, www.makiperformance.com The online store has been updated. You are welcome to pay at the front desk as well.
- Please try and limit filling your water bottle up at the Dojo for the time being.
- Please do not come to the Dojo if you are not feeling.
I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these changes and work towards resuming life at the MPT Dojo.
Dedicated to your health and fitness,
Maki Riddington and all the coaches at the MPT Dojo